Saturday 20 August 2011

Disaster recovery strategies are useful things....

I tend not to have too many disasters in my life fortunately. One of the reasons for this is that I tend to be quite organised and have plans in place to keep up with things like maintenance and health checks and car repairs and so on, but occasionally something comes out of the blue to really mess up your day. Like yesterday for example. There I was last night, minding my own business, watching a bit of tv and having a snack when all of a sudden there was a loud bang and all the electrics went off. A quick check at the fuse box showed that all the fuses had blown and wouldn't reset, indicating a more significant problem than I am equipped to deal with myself. A cause for some distress I think you will agree, but something that can be dealt with if handled in the right way.

Being an organised kind of person I have already over the last few years built a portfolio of local tradesmen who can be called on in an emergency such as this, but given that it was getting on towards one o'clock in the morning I was a little unsure as to response I would get. I chose a local company, naturally, and decided based on the company name and the website address. The name really said just what I wanted to hear as it is wefixit247, a lovely little company called Waterspark, electrical, plumbing, heating and building maintenance company, offering a twenty four hour emergency service. One phone called, answered very promptly I may add, and within an hour I had a thoroughly pleasant and efficient chap at my door looking at my wiring.

There was no sharp intake of breath in that cliched tradesman style, no forlorn shaking of the head, just a prompt and efficient service, rewiring the fusebox, tracing the fault to a mouse chewed bit of cable, replacing said cable, removing the unfortunately ex-mouse and there it was, fixed. As the name says, wefixit247 and they certainly did, and very reasonable it was too!

No comments:

Post a Comment