Wednesday 31 August 2011

Developing a creative network of friends.....

So, I've mentioned before that a part of the reason for this blog is to explore my creative side through writing about a whole panoply of ideas, thoughts, ramblings and musings, but something interesting is coming out of it as an additional creative benefit. As the blog grows and the number of people reading it increases I am starting to develop a following, and from that following I am starting to get critiques coming back, as well as suggestions for new articles. It is an unexpected and welcome boost to the whole process, and has come as something of a surprise. I've never really had much experience of getting feedback from other people, I've never really worked collaboratively or had to consider an audience beyond perhaps one or two people, and I'm not very good at social interaction, which this, in a sense feels like.

It is coming as something of a surprise that I am actually enjoying the cut and thrust banter of having to justify my position on certain issues, and trying to come up with articles bnased on other peoples suggestions rather than whatever happens to be in my head when I sit at the keyboard. It seems to be having an impact in both my mental state and interestingly in my work interactions. As part of my work at Dwarf Web Design I have to work with clients and with internal developers and creatives and I am finding that understanding better how people perceive my style of communication through my blogging is making it easier for me to tailor my style of communication in a work setting as well.

It seems that by developing a network of people who are willing and able to give me feedback and to develop relationships I am finding it easier to grow and to develop my skill sets, and the process is happening more quickly than I could have hoped or expected. So, perhaps a little cheesy, but a big thank you to all of you reading this, and a quick note to say, all criticism, good and bad is always welcome.....

No comments:

Post a Comment