Friday 1 July 2011

The weekend is almost here....

There is something wonderful about the feeling that you get on a Friday as the weekend approaches. The ability to start to relax and unwind after a productive week at work is a real treat, particularly when that week has been somewhat hectic. I love my weekends, having time to do the things I love, starting each day with taking time to prepare a proper cooked breakfast, bacon, sausage, eggs, fried bread, mushrooms and beans is a great way to start the day. Then out for a good long walk to blow the dust of the week from my shoulders before coming back in time to spend the afternoon watching whatever sport is on the TV, before starting to work on the evening meal.

There is something about the freedom to set my own agenda and timescales that is perhaps the greatest treat. Not having to worry about deadlines beyond when the food will be cooked, or when the rugby starts, or when the dog needs feeding, and the difference between this and my working week which is a constant series of deadlines, meetings, and time constraints gives me a real sense of joy. I think it is the feeling that I have earned my little break that makes it really special and means that I tend not to feel a need to drive myself to do things on my time off. To me, weekends are really just short holidays, and I am very glad that I seem to have an almost feline ability to relax instantly. Not for me the worries of work when I am not there. When I finish work on a Friday evening thats it for me until I get back to work Monday morning. It is a skill that I think other people would benefit from learning.

So, heres to a wonderful weekend of rest and relaxation, and the simple pleasures that taking some me time can invoke.......

No comments:

Post a Comment